Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A long way to go and a shor time to get there

Well, I made it back from Wyoming. It was a really nice trip. I left at about 2am on Thanksgiving day driving Carol and Joe's U-Haul truck w/trailer. I made to Kansas City,Mo. at about 8pm and got a hotel room close to the airport. I couldn't go any farther. I was starting to fall asleep. I only drove 1,000 miles the first day. I got up about dawn and started on the road again. I made it to Casper by about 9pm I think. Corey and I would have arrived at the same time, but he got lost in Casper and showed up about 5 or 10 minutes behind me. It was really great to go out west again. I truly love it out there. Thank you Aunt Carol and Joe for the opportunity to make the trip. I was more than willing to do it, even if it was Thanksgiving. Before I left I was kind of wondering if I would make it out there in a timely manner. I didn't think I could run like I did when I was trucking. After I made a thousand miles the first day, I realized I still had it. It was just dormant. Some people ask how I can drive for that long, I just get in a groove and go. I only stop to get fuel. I take care of everything else while I'm fueling or stop for the night. There is no need for me to stop just to be stopping. I don't know, a lot of people don't see it that way; they like to stop and walk around or go to the bathroom. That's what stopping for fuel is for. Anyway, It was very enjoyable. I got to meet Corey and Nikki's son Derek (I hope I spelled it right. If not, I'm sorry)!!! He was such a happy natured boy. I told Corey that he makes your cheeks hurt because you can't help but smile at him all the time. Corey and Nikki were very good hosts. Thank you guys for letting me stay with you.
That's all I have time for now. Bye.

No comments: