Friday, December 19, 2008

What a Week!

Am I glad that this week is over...Yessss! It started off with all of us dressed and ready to go to church...on time even. Then Sammie decides to get sick. So I ended staying home with her. A bit later Ryan returns home with Nathan. Both begin running fevers. Sam isn't sleeping and Nathan is just cranky. We (Vickie and I) took them to the doctor on Tuesday. (Yes I have to have help when taking my kids to the doctor, or at least when Nathan has to be seen by one. I could not do it alone. Nathan for whatever reason hates doctors. He won't even let them weigh him. Vickie can tell you that I am not exaggerating.) Sammie has an ear infection and RSV. Nathan was tested for strep, negative though, but because Sammie has RSV, Nathan probably does too. So both are using an inhaler and taking some other medicines. Through this Ryan and I have caught the congestion part. I hate it. I can't breath and probably have the worst breath ever. Luckily Nathan and Sam are doing lots better. Yesterday we had the chance to see Ryan's dad Kenny and our nephew Gabe. We also ate lunch with them. He was passing through and dropped of the kids Christmas presents. Nathan was very excited. He was ready to open them when we got home. Later that evening Vickie, Sammie and I went to enrichment at church. We had I lovely time. I won a poinsettia. While there Vickie called Rich to see how things were going with Nathan. Needless to say Papa Rich was having a wonderful time. They were outside waiting for "Mater" to come and get Papa's truck out of the ditch. (For more info...please go to their blog.) Even later that I evening when we were going home...I discovered Chance our cat in the middle of the road. So once again we are now pet less. It was a sad moment. I guess Chance just wasn't meant to live a long life. I mean when we found him, who would of thought he would survive in the first place. Well at least Nash now has company in the back yard. Today if finally Friday and as you can see, I am so very glad about it. I can only hope that next week will be better, it has to be, right? Well anyway, I hope every one's week has been better than mine.


Blogged in Loving memory of Chance.

3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

RIP Chance.

(I feel ridiculous in typing that out, btw. But it's still sad.)

Carol said...

Maybe Chance never learned to count, hence his use of nine lives is gone.

Needless to say, it sounds like you've had a "wonderful" week. Hope things are better now and next week.

Susan said...

If you need any help with the "youngins", I am available pretty much for the next couple of weeks...either that or I can bring you out some chicken soup...