Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grit and Bear It

Once gain my wonderful two year old has done something to make me laugh and frustrated at the same time. All day I have been trying to get the house back into shape from being gone last week. So I have been doing laundry, dishes, and vacuuming. I was feeling pretty good about what I had done so far. It was time for lunch and I was making sloppy Joe's. Nathan was piddling around as usual. Running here and there,jumping,playing with his trucks. One of his favorite things is to hide in the pantry. I heard him and told to get out. In a perfect world he would have done so immediately. He finally did come out...carrying a bowl of grits. I first had to think where he found them, but then I remembered we had a small container of them. He was wanting to cook. So I let him sit at the table with his bowl and a spoon. He was just stirring and cooking as happy as could be. I turned back to finish up with the sloppy Joe's. As I turned back around, I saw grits all over the table and on the floor that I had already vacuumed. Nathan just smiled up at me and said "cookin',cookin'." How could i get mad. He was so cute and so proud of what he had cooked. I just had to wait until he was done and then vacuum my floor again. aren't kids the greatest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you do...

Rich and Vic said...

You can tell Nathan gets his cooking skills from his Papa Rich's side of the family!