Monday, April 28, 2008

Nathan's Birthday part TWO!

As I finally finished posting all the latest news of our family, I had mom look it over and tell me what she thought. She got down to where I was talking about Nathan's birthday and I commented on how I didn't want to say to much and didn't know all that I should say. She then asked me why I hadn't talked about the cake. I told her I did and she said "No, you didn't mention the cake taking a spin." I immediately remembered what she was talking about, so he is the story that you all are now dying to know.

I began working on Nathan's cake the night before his party. I had baked it and was going to decorate it in the morning. So we got up early and headed to mom's with the cake ready to go. I worked all morning making the frosting (from scratch,with the help of Tabi) and coloring to the right colors for Lighting McQueen. My trouble began when I screwed up the red, making it brown (added to much black,trying to make a darker red). I then had to make a fresh batch with my time starting to run short. I was really starting to get frustrated when I couldn't get the frosting smooth and all the details the way I wanted them. I finally had to just call it quits with the details and left the cake how it was;which was still very good. I was taking a break and relaxing and nursing Sam and mom was in the kitchen. We were both apparently tired because we both heard a little voice saying "WHEEE, WHEE, VROOM, VROOM." We did nothing,then all of the sudden both of us turned and looked in absolute horror. There was Nathan sitting at the counter spinning the cake round and round. See, while frosting the cake, I put it on a lazy Susan so I could turn it easier. In my haste to sit and rest I didn't take it off. I think mom and I both had heart failure or was at least close to it. I would have died if the cake went flying off the counter after all the work I put into it. Luckily for me, someone was watching out because it didn't move a bit. So because of this, I have a great memory of Nathan's second birthday and hopefully y'all will find it a bit funny too.

1 comment:

The Sauls Family said...

I didn't hear that story about the cake! That's too funny.

I'm not a fan of the light type/dark background. It makes your posts hard to read.

You get letter G!